March For Meals
is a nationwide promotion sponsored by
Meals on Wheels of America.
The goal is to raise awareness for Meals on Wheels programs and how they combat the growing concern of hunger in our communities.
Ken-Ton Meals On Wheels celebrated March for Meals 2018 with:
- A celebration brunch on Sunday the 4th of March at Banchetti's by Rizzo on North French. See the flier for this by clicking here
- National Pi Day with Sweet Beginnings on Wednesday March 14. Order a pie at either Sweet Beginnings (3759 Delaware Avenue) or Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels using the Pi Day order from and $3.14 from each pie will be given to KTMOW. Download an order form by clicking here. See the flier by clicking here
- Bring a Friend Week will also be March 12-16. We are asking each volunteer to bring a friend along when they deliver meals that week so they can see what we are all about and hopefully join the Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels Family. If you are interested in taking a test drive with us that week (even if you don't have a friend currently volunteering), call us at 874-3595 or complete the volunteer application on our website now. The application can be found by going to the Volunteer tab on the home page, click to see the items underneath that tab and going to Volunteer Application. See the flier for the appreciation week here
- In cooperation with the Towne Players we will be hosting a dinner theater on Friday the 16h of March. The play will be "I Hate Hamlet" with curtain time at 7:30 p.m. Doors for dinner will open at 6:00 pm. with our kitchen providing a full Ham dinner. During intermission we will have coffee, tea and desserts. Tickets are $18.00 and you can get them here at Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels, the Town of Tonawanda Senior Center on Ensminger Road or the Aquatic and Fitness Center at One Pool Plaza. See the flier for the dinner theater here
- Community Champions Week March 19 to 23: Leaders of the Ken-Ton community (political, business and service club members) will join us each day this week and take turns going out to deliver meals with an experienced driver or server
- Once again Gigis's Cucina Povera on Kenmore Avenue will be hosting a St. Joseph's Day Table and they have named Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels their honored charity. They will have tables on March 18, 19 and 20 this year. Please see the attached flier for details by clicking here. For reservations call GIgi's at 877-8788
- The Town of Tonawanda and Kenmore Village Boards have each declared March as March for Meals Month this year in honor of the work we do at Ken-Ton Meals On Wheels
Check back here in early 2019 to see what we have lined up for March for Meals 2019!