March For Meals is a nationwide promotion sponsored by Meals on Wheels of America.
The goal is to raise awareness for Meals on Wheels programs and how they combat the growing concern of hunger in our communities.
Ken-Ton Meals On Wheels celebrated March for Meals 2020 with:
- A celebration brunch on Sunday the 1st of March at Banchetti’s by Rizzo on North French. $18.95 per person. Call 691-4045 for reservations. Brunch Flier 2020
- National Pi Day with Sweet Beginnings on Saturday, March 14. Order a pie at either Sweet Beginnings (3759 Delaware Avenue) or Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels using the Pi Day order from and $3.14 from each pie will be given to KTMOW. Pi Day Order Form 2020
- A new Pi Day celebration will be with Di Paulo’s Pizzeria. Call on Saturday the 14th of March and order a large and one item pie. Tell them you want the Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels Pi Day Special. You pay the normal rate for a large pie and DiPaulo’s will give $3.14 to Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels ! DiPaulo’s Pi Day
- Bring a Friend Week will also be March 9-13th. We are asking each volunteer to bring a friend along when they deliver meals that week so they can see what we are all about and hopefully join the Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels Family. If you are interested in taking a test drive with us that week (even if you don’t have a friend currently volunteering), call us at 874-3595 or complete the volunteer application on our website now. The application can be found by going to the Volunteer tab on the home page, click to see the items underneath that tab and going to Volunteer Application. Flier for Volunteer Week 2020
- In cooperation with the Towne Players we will be hosting a dinner theater on Friday the 20th of March. The play will be “Dealth by Design” with curtain time at 7:30 p.m. Doors for dinner will open at 6:00 pm. with our kitchen providing a full Roast Beef dinner. During intermission we will have coffee, tea and desserts. Tickets are $18.00 and you can get them here at Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels, the Town of Tonawanda Senior Center on Ensminger Road or the Aquatic and Fitness Center at One Pool Plaza. Death by Design DInner Theater Flier
- Community Champions Week March 23 to 27: Leaders of the Ken-Ton community (political, business and service club members) will join us each day this week and take turns going out to deliver meals with an experienced driver or server
- Once again Gigis’s Cucina Povera on Kenmore Avenue will be hosting a St. Joseph’s Day Table and they have named Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels their honored charity. They will have tables from Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, March 20. For reservations call Gigi’s at 877-8788 Gigi’s Flier 2020
- The Town of Tonawanda and Kenmore Village Boards have each declared March as March for Meals Month this year in honor of the work we do at Ken-Ton Meals On Wheels Flier for All Events 2020
Check back here in early 2021 to see what we have lined up for March for Meals 2021!