March For Meals is a nationwide promotion sponsored by Meals on Wheels of America.
The goal is to raise awareness for Meals on Wheels programs and how they combat the growing concern of hunger in our communities.
Ken-Ton Meals On Wheels will celebrate March for Meals 2024 with:
- National Pi Day with Sweet Beginnings on Thursday, March 14. Order a pie at either Sweet Beginnings (3759 Delaware Avenue) or Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels using the Pi Day order from and $3.14 from each pie will be given to KTMOW, ORDER BY MARCH 5th.
- Di Paulo’s Pizzeria is helping us celebrate Pi Day. Call on Thursday the 14th of March and order a large and one item pie. Tell them you want the Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels Pi Day Special. You pay the normal rate for a large pie and DiPaulo’s will give $3.14 to Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels!
- Volunteer Appreciation Week will also be March 4-8th. All week we will provide a breakfast snack for our kitchen volunteers and a free lunch to our daily drivers, servers and kitchen aides. We serve over 8000 meals a month and could not do it without all of our volunteers. You make us proud and you’ve earned your free lunch.
- Take Out Brunch at 169 Sheridan Parkside Drive on Saturday the 9th of March. Enjoy a brunch prepared by our outstanding kitchen staff. We will provide Apple Cinnamon French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Hash Browns, and a Mock Mimosa, For a cost of $10 per person. Please reserve your spot before February 27 by calling our office, 716-874-3595. Pick up is 10 – 11:30am.
- Wednesday, March 13th – Monthly Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels take out meal – Enjoy corned beef and cabbage, red potatoes, carrots, rye bread and a key lime parfait. $9.00 for a single meal or 4 for $33.00, please reserve your meal by 3/10.
- March 18th – 24th Online Gift Card Purchase at Anderson’s helps KTMOW. If you purchase an Anderson’s gift card ONLINE, 20% of the cost goes to KTMOW. Use code roastbeef when you go to the gift card section of the Anderson’s website.
- The Town of Tonawanda and Kenmore Village Boards have each declared March as March for Meals Month this year in honor of the work we do at Ken-Ton Meals On Wheels
- Thursday the 21st of March we will induct this year’s class into our Helen Lapp Society as a thank you for their generous financial support of Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels. The private ceremony will be held in the evening inside the Noco Pavilion overlooking the first green of Sheridan Park Golf Course.
Check back here in early 2025 to see what we have lined up for March for Meals 2025!