Drivers and Servers
A driver or server arrives at 169 Sheridan Parkside at 11:00 a.m., picks up the meals in coolers and hot bags, takes them to their car, delivers following the easy to follow route sheet, then returns the equipment back to KTMOW. Generally you will be finished around 12:15p.m. to 12:30 p.m..
Currently, our greatest need for volunteer drivers and servers with flexible schedules who can fill in when the volunteers who have a regular route cannot make it.
A kitchen volunteer arrives between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.. and works until about close to 11:30 a.m.. A kitchen volunteer helps prepare meals (slicing, dicing, scooping, pouring), assemble meals (portion into the trays, seal the meals in the trays, pack them in the coolers or hot bags) and if needed helps lightly clean the kitchen area and dishes.
KTMOW specifically needs help on Wednesdays and Fridays, but feel free to volunteer any day.
Member of Board of Directors
Position Title: Board Member
Reports to: Chairman and the community
Tenure: Each term is three years. Each Board member may serve for two consecutive terms. At the conclusion of that service, every Board member will rotate off the Board for a period of at least one year.
Function: The Board makes planning and policy decisions; becomes responsible for financing those decisions; monitors implementation, and promotes community understanding of and support for the organization.
- Attend all Board meetings and actively participate in decision making.
- Serve on at least one committee and attend all of its meetings.
- Support and participate in fundraising activities
- Be a goodwill ambassador for the organization.
- Be willing to assume leadership positions and be a team player.
Qualifications: Being a Board member requires a demonstrated commitment to the field of human services. A combination of skills in the areas of management, community awareness, image building and resource development is essential.
- Follow and adhere to the Articles as written in the By-Laws
- Determine and be fully committed to the organization’s Mission and Vision and revise as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan.
- Review, approve, and monitor the budget and fundraising.
Set policies and objectives and oversee the organization’s capacity to carry out programs by reviewing its work.
- Offer administrative guidance in the daily operations as requested by the Executive Director.
- Attend board meetings, be available for phone consultation and serve on one committee.
- Serve as a Court of Appeals to resolve any conflict or complaint that is brought to our attention.
- Select and appoint an Executive Director who is responsible for the administration of the organization.
- Determine retention or dismissal of Executive Director.
- Assess the Board of Directors’ performance. In performing his/her duties, a Board member shall be entitled to rely on information, opinions, reports or statements including financial statements and other financial data as prepared by:
- one or more officers or employees of the organization;
- counsel, public accountants or other person whom the Board believes to be within that person’s professional or expert competence; or
- a committee of the Board duly designated in accordance with the certificate of incorporation and bylaws. In taking action, including, without limitation, action which may involve or relate to a change or potential change in the control of the organization, the Board shall be entitled to consider, without limitation, both the long-term and short-term interests of the organizations and that effect that the organization’s actions may have in the long and short term needs of the corporation in carrying out its purposes, its present and anticipated financial requirements, expected total return on its investments, price level trends, general economic conditions, prospects for potential growth, development, productivity, the organization’s current employees, the corporation’s customers and creditors and the ability of the organization to provide, as a going concern, goods, services, employment opportunities and employment benefits and otherwise to contribute to the community in which it does business.