Code of Conduct
Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels recognizes the critical role of its volunteers and is extremely grateful for your dedication, time and compassion. Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels accepts the service of volunteers with the understanding that such service is at the sole discretion of the agency.
As a Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels volunteer, you agree to:
- Read and follow policies and procedures outlined in the Volunteer Handbook and accept guidance from staff members.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude. Since effective person-to-person contact is central to my duties, I will take the time to introduce myself, address each client by name and greet every client with a smile.
- Refuse tips or monetary acknowledgements from any participant for delivery of meals.
- Privately report my observations including but not limited to changes in appearance, behavior, environment, living conditions and/or nutritional habits to a KTMOW staff member upon my return from a delivery route.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all client data including but not limited to a recipient’s name, home address, telephone number, age, financial and health situation. I will never copy route sheets nor will I remove route sheets from the building except for the purposes of meal delivery.
- Refrain from offering medical, legal, or financial advice to clients.
- Respect the cultural, religious and political views of clients and refrain from imposing your cultural, religious and political views on clients.
- Refrain from transporting clients in personal vehicles.
- Arrive on time, perform my duties in a timely fashion, and take time to finish tasks.
- Follow guidance from staff regarding food safety and proper handling of client meals.